Monday, April 16, 2012

Velassaru - delayed opening???

Hi all,





I%26#39;m due to be staying at Velassaru from the 2nd March for 10 days - but I%26#39;m concerned the opening date has been pushed back.





From the 1st of March to the 15th has been blocked out as unavailable on both the hotel%26#39;s website and on SLH.





I%26#39;ll be in touch with Kuoni tomorrow - but if anyone else has heard anything in the meantime any info would be much appreciated.





Velassaru - delayed opening???


I just had a look and it looks quite possible.....I%26#39;ve read on this forum that there are a few people travelling at the beginning of March....



not good..........we are travelling at the end of April......I%26#39;m beginning to stress a little!



Velassaru - delayed opening???


Hi SC081





Unfortunately, delays can and do happen - despite best laid plans.





In November 2007 we were due to go to Veligandu which was scheduled to reopen on 1 November after a complete refurbishment - a bit like Velassaru. We had actually booked to go in the last week of November, thinking it would allow a few weeks contingency in case of over running work. 6 weeks before our departure we were told the island would not be open until mid-December and we ended up going to Meeru - its sister island.





When the island did eventually open it was plagued with teething problems for about 6 months. This was reflected in the poor reviews it got on TA.





Of course, it is quite possible that the special offers have been so popular that the island is actually fully booked for those first 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!!





OD




I just thought I%26#39;d call the resort directly, just to see.....and they said that they are opening on March 1st.....so i assume that they are fully booked?




I spoke to Kuoni and they reconfirmed the opening date of 1st March, so fingers crossed all should be fine.





Capps - I%26#39;ll let you know what the resort is like.




Good news......would have been a nightmare!



Hope you have a great time!




Hi sc081. After much deliberation I too decided to to to Velassaru (but not until July). The main thing that put me off the island initially was the reports of Thilafushi (the rubbish disposal island) that is meant to be in the vacinity. I hope you don%26#39;t think me cheeky but I would be very interested in hearing on your return if you could see this island (and the smoke that is meant to come from it) or if it affected Velassaru in any way? Also I have booked a Water Villa and would be grateful, if you have the time and inclination, if you could suggest which one or area you think is the best so that I might put in a request. Anyway hope you have a really smashing time. Bon Voyage!




It looks like i won%26#39;t be staying at Velssaru - as I am due to arriving on the 1st March...




From another thread it appears that the resort is not opening quite yet.....so annoying!




sc081 - Have they given you any information, are you going to stay their for part of the time? Do you know where you will be staying instead?



Really annoyed for you! It%26#39;s bang out of order!






I have been offered to stay at Anantara. Has anyone been? Should I accept the offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment