Sunday, March 25, 2012

Help me decide please...Angaga or Reethi Beech

We have narrowed it down to Angaga or Reethi Beach for our 10th anniversary trip next year...just waiting for booking to become available but really having trouble deciding on which island..





Angaga...very small, not many rooms and have always liked the look of it





Reethi...better looking rooms, a bit larger





Help please before I drive my husbnad insane with this.....







we will be travelling with another couple and 2 of the party are divers





Thanks



Jox



Help me decide please...Angaga or Reethi Beech


Hi jo,





I have stayed at Reethi, but not Angaga, but i have dived the area around Angaga when I was at Mirihi a few years back and the diving and snorkelling is much better than at Reethi and surrounding areas, so if this important - Angaga.





Angaga is on my short list of next visits as I prefer smaller islands, so I would choose this resort over Reethi.





However Reethi is a great resort so either choice and you will not be disappointed.





Regards



Emu



Help me decide please...Angaga or Reethi Beech


js my only visit to Maldives so far was reethi getting home 3 weeks ago.I thought it was absolutely fantastic. The snorkelling was brilliant (couldn%26#39;t dive as I had a bad chest) but dive school looked well run.Whole atmosphere was wonderful- chilled, laid back, good food and we had an excellent room even though only standard.Determined to return to Maldives for my OH 50th in December I thought i should go somewhere else altho would happily go back to Reeethi. Spent ages searching for a reethi look alike in atmosphere, snorkelling etc and have just booked......Angaga so maybe they both have what you are looking for!!! I am sure whichever you chose you will love it




Thanks both...we are certainly swaying towards Angaga tbh..it seems to have everything we need and I like the fact that you don%26#39;t have t make a choice about the type of room as there is only one...apart from the WB but that totally puts it out of our price range....is it worth upgrading to full board or AI on Angaga??



Thanks



Jox




I am half board at present JS as lunchtime snacks do not sound too expensive on the reviews.I emailed the resort and they sent me the details of the AI package which is comprehensive - includes cocktails and water which some don%26#39;t. Current cost to upgrade in resort is $77 pp per day so you need to do some calculations! I may change nearer the time if I am flush!




Hi,





We stayed at Angaga and Reethi Beach last year, both good islands, of the two we would go back to Angaga again, like the smaller islands better.





FB v AI, hard to call, depends how much you like your food and drink :)





FC




thanks both...all very helpful.....I made the mistake of adding Makunudu into the mix too now:-)





Jox




That was another on my short list JS but from the info I gathered it was a bit more basic/rustic and also in N Male atoll.Not sure i fancy a 55min speedboat trip after 11 hour flight! That keeps the price lower though. Keep searching!




:-) not bothered about basic really as long as clean but Mak does seem a little more expensive than the others despite being the more basic....It really is quite stressful trying where to go isn%26#39;t it:-)





Jox




Hi Jo,





That %26#39;basic%26#39; you refer to is what a traditional resort is all about IMO, Makunudu would be perfect if the reef %26amp; beach were above average, the rooms are very traditional.





But then so would angaga %26amp; reethi without water bungalows... the perfect resort IMO is Ihuru.





Regards



Emu




Thats it!! tempt me further....I actually prefer the more traditional and the super duper fancy resorts actually do nothing for me...well if I could afford them:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment