Monday, April 16, 2012

Alone in the Maldives - will I go crazy??

hi guys, i%26#39;m a silly american who needed a break from work and decided to fly to the maldives next week (oct 8 - 12). after reading all the posts, it sounds like it might be really lonely and perhaps bad weather this month.





will i go crazy in male? i am staying in North Male Atoll. is there anything in the evening i can do? people to hang with?





single, 29-yr old male.



Alone in the Maldives - will I go crazy??


one thing is true.it so easy to make friends in the Maldives.everyones chilled out and meeting fellow travellers is easy.Im sure you will have a great time pal.





cfc



Alone in the Maldives - will I go crazy??


Hi,



There was a lady from New york asking similar questions(Birain, about sept 11th) the answers she got may be helpful to you.





Regards sue




I have been to the Maldives many times and usually travel alone. I was lucky enough to spend a week at Reethi Rah in July this year and had a fantastic time. Most days I would dive, go to the spa, and just hang out on the beach. I would not hesitate to go on my own, you will have a great time.




I have been by myself.Absolute bliss.I was fortunate and met some nice people (including an old James Bond 007).The staff and the manager of the island made an extra effort and made me feel very welcome...enjoy.




I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll be lonely at all. I%26#39;ve met singles out there and as long as they are sociable they have a great time. If you dive you%26#39;ll make some friends very quickly. If you don%26#39;t dive my tip for you is head to the sunset bar in the evening and don%26#39;t sit at a table - you%26#39;ll look as if you want to be on your own - sit at the bar. The barmen are always great to talk to and you%26#39;ll soon meet other guests of many nationalities. We find that the most sociable people sit at the bar and it%26#39;s a great way to meet people. The only difficulty is the restaurant. I%26#39;ve travelled on holiday on my own many times and I hate sitting at a restaurant with a book. It%26#39;s always nice when I%26#39;ve met other people to sit with, but otherwise a bar snack is fine, or worse case scenario, room service.





You%26#39;ll love the Maldives. Have a great time!




Nothing sily about wanting to go away on your own.



I am a single female going out to Vakarufalhi at the end of October on my own and can%26#39;t wait.





I went to Dominican Republic last year on my own for the first time and was surprised at how good it felt to be enjoying my own company.





People will always talk to you so ENJOY!!!!!!





Tracey




This is 2 years later but I was really relieved to read all these comments given that I am about to book a holiday to the Maldives on my own! Feel totally sure it%26#39;s going to be fine having read lots of helpful info!





Flower.




Flower,





You will have a ball, take it from the name your a female, as its so much easier for a female to make friends / contacts, just say hello to everyone you pass and youl soon have the ball rolling.





Rumps




I had a week%26#39;s holiday on my own 2 years ago when I was supposed to be going with my mum but she had to cancel. It was in a very quiet spot in Spain, sadly not the Maldives but I can honestly say it was one of the best, most relaxing times I%26#39;ve ever had. It was fab not to have to talk to anyone if I didn%26#39;t want to, and to be thoroughly selfish. Having no-one else to consider was such a nice change! When to go to bed? Have another beer? In or out to eat? Pool or beach? Lunch or not bother? ... do what you like, when you like, how you like and for as long as you like!



Enjoy it!



Wid




I%26#39;m off to Coco Palm Bodu Hithi on my own in April and although I was a bit dubious about going everyone on TA put my mind at ease and I%26#39;m really looking forward to it now. I%26#39;ll let you all know how I got on when I get back.


  • facial lotion
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment