Friday, April 13, 2012

Cigars on Reethi Beach

Just wondering if there are any cigars for sale at Reethi beach? I%26#39;ll probably grab a few in Dubai before heading to Male but I was just wondering.

Also, I hear that electric plug converters are available for use while at the resort. Is this true or should I bring my own (I%26#39;m from Canada).

Thx!

Cigars on Reethi Beach

Hi CheekyBandito,

Just got back from Reethi Beach, yes they sell cigars there, but I would stock up before you get there, it will be much cheaper, resort prices are a bit on the steep side ......

Electrical sockets are all UK style 3-pin type, so we didn%26#39;t have a need for any adaptors, but I would take one, or email the island to check first.

Anything else I can help with, just ask away.

FC

Cigars on Reethi Beach

Are you writing a review of your trip? (nudge nudge, wink wink).

:)


CheekyB - there certainly are cigars on sale in the Main Bar - there%26#39;s a display case with them in on the end of the Bar. No prices though, so can%26#39;t help there. As stated, the sockets are all UK style 3 pin, but each room is provided with ONE universal adaptor, which would take just about any kind of plug.


Hi Cheeky,

Buy them in Dubai - they will be 1/3 of the cost, a maximum of 25 can be imported without paying duty.

http://www.customs.gov.mv/docs/airport.pdf

Regards

Emu


Hi Bonters....

When you say one universal adapter, does that mean that it is also a voltage converter as well as a plug adapter or just the plug adapter?

Thx!!


Hi Emu...

Ya I was thinking of picking a few up in Dubai, purcahsing on Reethi was a back up plan.

Ohhh I can%26#39;t wait!!! Just get my new dive computer for xmas!!!


Don%26#39;t know what the larger ones in the bar cost but a packet of the small cigars (hamlet size) were about 9 dollars in the Reethi shop, so buy in Dubai. However in the duty free at Male, King Edward Invincibles were about 25 dollars for 50. These are November prices


i%26#39;m into big arse cigars....the kind Winston Churchill used to smoke. Usually from Honduras, or the Dominican. Cuban cigars are over priced IMHO.


Hiya CheekyB - no, there is no voltage converter apparent in the adaptor, simply to accommodate the different kind of plugs. I actually don%26#39;t know what the voltage is out here but everything UK style seems to work fine with it.

Regards

Bonters


Hi Cheeky,

The voltage is 230v 50hz - 240v in the UK, and 115v in Canada, so you will need a converter, for hairdryer,laptop etc.

p.s they have some big arse cigars in Dubai, in a temperature controlled room - I know nothing about cigars, but they all looked rather special!!

  • cope with divorce
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment