Friday, April 13, 2012

Stereotypes

As discussed elsewhere I%26#39;m planning my first Maldives trip in 2010 and as such have been reading through posts %26amp; reviews of my ever expanding short list.





I%26#39;ve seen reference to various tourist stereotypes and a few reviews mention %26#39;typical Italians%26#39; and I have to say I have idea what that is. Can%26#39;t be any worse than the stereotypical brit abroad can it :-). I%26#39;ve been to Italy a couple of times and generally found Italians to be top people. Mad on the road but hey, that%26#39;s not an issue in the Maldives :-)





Not trying to start a xenophobic thread here as I quite like the idea of not being surrounded by brits so I stand here wearing a knotted hankie on my head wondering wot a typical Italian holiday maker is.



Stereotypes






Loud!



Stereotypes


Yeh that kinda fits the context in which the reviews were made.




i usually make lot of noise, i jump in the pool so that water will splash everyone in 50 mt proximity and i protest all the time for food and coffe not being the same standard of Italy.... :-))





btw, nice thread, i would love to see how you guys profile us...





best





er_daddy








E-D





feel free to come back re Scousers/ northerners/ southerners--English--dont mention the Germans-day bombed our chippies day did,--Gosh this is a bit like the good old days(a few months ago)lol lol,





Long may it be so.





Rumps





PS





Gengy where are you??




Er, you forgot unclothing with your eyes everything with breasts passing by!




Phil,





that i cannot do anymore since i%26#39;m traveling with my family most of the time.... ;-)




Rumpole do not worry.... i%26#39;m preparing my revenge...





i will just wait to see how this will develop... :-)





btw i really would like to see honest comments...





er_daddy




I have commented about Italian resorts on many threads and have quoted the %26#39;typical Italian%26#39; but to add:-





Some of the best dive resorts / house reefs are on islands that are 90% Italian occupied.





This has never stopped me going to them in the past, and will not in the future.





As for Italian culture:- The country %26amp; people are fantastic, if slightly dis-organised (smiles).





I work for an Italian based company and travel there as often as possible, but especially for the F1.





Brits have a terrible reputation abroad, we could learn a lot from the Italian way of life ;-)





Regards



Emu




ogh well the funs gone now.





R




ok here are my stereo%26#39;s.



Iti%26#39;s: Dishy men, very polite (%26#39;prego%26#39; or however you spell it, to let me go first in the buffet queue and cor was he dishy), friendly and caring. BUT ... extremely loud voices and likely to light up about 2 inches from you on the beach, upwind of course.



Germans: Quiet, fitness freaks, well mannered, well behaved but arrogant. Ditched my towel into the swimming pool in Jerba several years ago, when I was so fed up of their bagsying the best spots at dawn that I did the same (how the %26#39;eck they knew it wasn%26#39;t a German towel is beyond me.)



Wid

No comments:

Post a Comment