Monday, April 16, 2012

Vivtar 6200 Underwater Camera

Hi there,

We are considering buying the Vivitar 6200 for our trip to Reethi in May. Does anyone have one who could tell me how many pics you can get on at full resolution? Otherwise can anyone recommend any others?

Many thanks

Vivtar 6200 Underwater Camera

Depends on the size of your memory card. With a 1gb card you can get plenty of pictures and videos no problem (sorry can%26#39;t give an exact figure, wasn%26#39;t counting!).

Vivtar 6200 Underwater Camera

You can get 1gb SD cards for less than 3 quid so take a bag full and snap away.


Thanks for your replies. Out of interest is 1gb the only size card it takes? Am scared I%26#39;ll lose one if I take several.


I dont know for sure but I think it%26#39;ll only take up to 1gb cards.

Personally I prefer to have lots of smaller cards than one large one as memory cards can have problems.


For what it%26#39;s worth, I bought one of these (Vivitar 6200) and took it to Reethi at Xmas/New Year. I got the camera for £49.99 from Amazon and a 1Gb SD card for a few quid more. Hence, my expectations of the camera were not very high, at that price. However, I%26#39;m very pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised with the very creditable results! I don%26#39;t know exactly how many pics you get on the 1Gb card, but more than enough I would suggest - I took loads! And some video, which again is not maybe to professional standards, but is more than adequate for the average amateur enthusiast. I%26#39;d had a very unfortunate experience with an underwater case for my digital camera previously, resulting in leakage and the camera being ruined! That case had cost me more than twice as much as the 6200 camera! I%26#39;d definitely recommend the Vivitar 6200 to anyone (NO, I%26#39;m not on any commission) :-)


Thanks Bonters. You got a bargain when you bought yours. I saw one on Amazon the other day for £62, just been on and it%26#39;s gone!! Never mind have still got 11 weeks to get one.


1GB SD card in a 6mp camera on high res will take about 250 photos.

Regards

Emu


Many thanks for all your replies, will definitely get one!

  • good hawaiian names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment