Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hot Air Ballooning in Maldives?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if hot air ballooning is available in the Maldives? I%26#39;m assuming the best chance would be to find something in Male itself, but not sure if they even have a hot air balloon in the country! My fiancee really would love to ride a hot air balloon as part of our honeymoon, so I%26#39;m trying my hardest to see if it%26#39;s even available in the Maldives.

Thanks

Hot Air Ballooning in Maldives?

I%26#39;m pretty confident there isn%26#39;t one but there is a skydiving option if you fancy that?(!) .......

hot air ballooning def wouldn%26#39;t be available in Male due to it%26#39;s close proximity to the airport runway .....

......activegirl

Hot Air Ballooning in Maldives?

What is the contact information for the skydiving option? I appreciate the information!!!


telegraph.co.uk/travel/鈥rticle739848.ece

dailymotion.com/video/x36ncq_skydiving-in-th鈥?/a>

The skydive boogie was in 2007 and you have to be in the right place at the right time, I was going to do this but to go from my resort (Komandoo) meant I had to fly from Komandoo back to Male, fly on to the skydive destination, back to Male and then on to Komandoo which was a very expensive option so I had to pull out .....

I%26#39;ve not heard of another dive since. The skydive was organised by a German outfit, the site is:

http://www.skydive-nuggets.de/

It is all in German but if you email in English they do write back in English ....

Other than this, there really isn%26#39;t a regular skydive company in the Maldives otherwise I%26#39;d be in there like a shot! .....

.....activegirl


Hi,

Definately no hot air balooning in the Maldives, the logistics of such a thing would never work as there is no guarantees that you could land safely at a designated spot.

Skydiving Maldives is done from Hanimaadhoo island in Haa Atoll (north) but I%26#39;m not sure if it is an offical %26#39;drop zone%26#39; I too would be interested if there is an offical drop zone set up??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMkyDoXOg0

Regards

Emu


Emu ....That is the normal drop off zone. All the information is at the foot of the Daily Telegraph link ....

There were other skydives planned but I have not heard of any ..... so not entirely sure what happened ......

Mossmaide .... you could email Nuggets and ask if more skydives are planned and they could arrange a package but not sure if this is a good option for a honeymoon!! .....

........activegirl


Thanks AG I think my post was being written when you posted a reply - good info!

Does not sound like anything has taken off since then? I guess logistics of getting jumpers to the drop zone is the main issue.

Regards

Emu


I%26#39;m sorry, but the idea of hot air ballooning in the Maldives is one of the funniest things I%26#39;ve read in a long time.


LOL - %26#39;I was thinking, not speaking%26#39; ;-)


I must admit that this is not a question that I ever thought would come up on here and certainly has to go down as a classic Maldive Forum post if anyone is keeping track of such things. However I note that the poster is asking the same question in a forum for Santorini so it obviously must really be important to their future spouse.


And what I found real funny was Emu%26#39;s comment:

';Does not sound like anything has taken off since

then?';

Good pun Emu!!

That%26#39;s set me up for the week ahead!

.........activegirl

  • hot tub bath speed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment