Tuesday, April 24, 2012

counting the days to first Reethi beach hols!

exactly 14 days to go - now totally obsessed reading all these brill tips on the forum. In just an hour I have learned to take my swimming costume in hand luggage, keep camera in pocket for sea plane trip, take loads of dollar bills, take my own hairdryer cos the ones there are rubbish, only take one pair flip flops, and heaps more! If anyone can think of any more tips - please post here - I will be avidly waiting for responses! We are going AI, sounds like best option!!



counting the days to first Reethi beach hols!


Hi lynn1963





In addition to swimming costumes in hand luggage, we always take one change of clothing each just on the off chance your main luggage doesn%26#39;t come with you on the seaplane (sometimes - it follows on by boat).





It%26#39;s never happened to us on 3 previous visits, but best to be safe than sorry :-)





Have a great time, it%26#39;ll be interesting to hear what you think, we%26#39;re going to Reethi for the 1st time in July..





regards



Ian



counting the days to first Reethi beach hols!


Hi Lynn



Don%26#39;t bother with your own hairdryer - you will save weight and space. I have THE most unruly, thick hair and the ones in the standard villas worked OK for me. I suggest you just go ';native'; and let your hair dry (almost) naturally. Once the heat amd humidity get to it, it%26#39;s not worth spending time trying to tame it when you could be spending time downing those A/I drinks at the Sunset or Beach Bar.



I am VERY impressed by the fact you have booked a holiday to the Maldives yet have still only clocked up 3 posts. TA must be doing its job because all your questions(well, nearly all) have been answered?



Have a wonderful holiday you lucky thing!



Woody x



PS Another tip - take UK stamps and send your postcards back home after one week with a kindly fellow holiday maker to post in the UK on their return. You don%26#39;t get those lovely fishy stamps on your postcards but they do arrive home - and BEFORE you do!



Don%26#39;t take books(except one for the plane) there are hundreds of really good ones in the RB library.



Be prepared to be forever hooked on returning to the Maldives at some time in the future!




oh wow - now i am beside myself!!! i am an avid beach reader so its fab to know there are books just waiting for me - hopefuly chick lit!!





will take the advise I just read and not bother with the hairdryer. There really was no need for me to ask questions before I booked - i learned SO much from this site - it was just brill to have so much info.





I have now just been on the coconut spa site too, and I am also dribbling already at the sound of the cocktails!!! I havent even got there and i just know we made the right choice.





this is our honeymoon, before the wedding - how funny is that!! have let them know that so hoping for the honeymoon bits i have also read about!




Lynn - the Coconut Spa is amazing - take advantage! I had the Reflexology Foot Massage and felt as though I was walking on air when I left!



Yes there is ';chick lit'; in the library - there is everything under the sun, to suit all tastes.



Have a fab honeymoon - and then a great wedding - what a unique way to do it!!



Woody x




Counting the days, counting the hours here.... :)





Have a great time Lynn, I%26#39;ll tell them to be expecting you.... we start our honeymoon journey tomorrow, in just over 23 hours from now




oh I am so jealous!!!! i dont think i will be sleeping by that time this end!!! you must be flying back just as we fly in! have a fantastic time yourselves!!! how exciting is this!!!




Hi Lynn, lucky you, we have somewhere in the region of 60 days to go!!!





I wouldn%26#39;t rely on the library to keep you in books, I too am an avid chick-lit reader and always take my own. Purely %26amp; simply cos I%26#39;ve read so many of them I need to know I have something to fall back on. I have been known to go through 6 books in 2 weeks when I%26#39;m in relaxation mode.





Have a wonderful hol, don%26#39;t forget the review when you get back.





Hayley



x




Agree with Woody about the hairdryer. First time took hairdryer and straightners. What a waste of time. First night hair was slick and straight. By the time I walked to the restaurant I realised I had wasted an hour of valuable maldives time because it was back to curly!!





Coconut Spa is amazing. I have reflexology, neck %26amp; back massage, me and huby had His n%26#39; Hers massage which was really funny (paper pants on hubby not a sight to be seen often), body scrub to keep the tan going, facial. All of them are jsut sheer heaven and if you go in the morning yuo get a discount.





Softail




Hayley - have you been to RB and seen the library? I counted the books on the one rainy afternoon I had and I stopped at 200!! Granted they may not all be chick lit but I was just trying to save lynn1963 some weight in her suitcase!!



Woody x




thanks to both - and do you know what - i am going to definitely take the chance and pick from the 200!





I really am quite flexible.... just anything to lie down with!! (so to speak!)





this morning (with 13 days to go!!) i was yet again parading around the bedroom, trying on my 4 different new swimming costumes with my 4 new sarongs - doing a mix and match!!





Not that I am excited or anything... but have already started packing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment