Saturday, April 21, 2012

Do you feel guilty leaving the kids at home while in Maldive

I am off to Sun Island in Feb 2010 with my husband and youngest lad aged 16 but we will be leaving at home our 20 year old son. I seem to be feeling guilty not taking him BUT cannot afford to do so. Should I feel guilty?

Do you feel guilty leaving the kids at home while in Maldive

Fudge,

100% NO,

he will have a ball wrecking the house and throwing parties,Lol lol.

Rumps

Do you feel guilty leaving the kids at home while in Maldive

Cheers Rumps.

I guess I just had a slight guilt pang. BUT we cant keep paying for him for ever.

Yes am sure he will enjoy wrecking our house *LOL*


Is true --have to grow up and start financing there own world sooner than later.

R


Guess I needed someone I don%26#39;t know to tell me that! *LOL* and you are right. Thanks.


Hi Fudge

Definitely you should NOT feel guilty. You earned your holiday in paradise - enjoy it.

As Rumps as suggested, your 20 year old will have the time of his life at home! Our know ours did! Our low garden wall has never been the same since!

OD


Agree with all the others. At some point you should stop paying - wish I could listne to these words of wisdom and stop paying for mine at 26 and 27!!! But at least we didn%26#39;t take them to the Maldives with us!

Softail


Thanks all of you.

Ideally we would not usually take our 16 year old BUT I do not want him left with his brother as they do not get on and no other family member can oblige. However he is a super lad and will appreciate maldives for the paradise place it is.


this happened to us last year, took our 12 year old but left our 20 year old at home. My mobile phone bill when we came back was enormous, and i missed her all the time. Yes she had a ball at home on her own for 2 weeks, but i knew she was disappointed by not coming, what does your eldest one think?


Just abandoned my 18 and 19 year olds for 2 weeks at reethi and didn%26#39;t feel guilty at all so don%26#39;t Fudge! Did keep saying how they would enjoy the snorkelling though and now considering a family holiday for them to see Maldives if I can find an island that suits all.Reethi fits the bill actually!


No way, it%26#39;d be better for you and him if you paid for him to go to Magaluf or Ayia Napa or some such place.

We took our three - then aged 15,17 %26amp; 19 - for their last ';family holiday'; a couple of years ago. Now we go on our own - and they go where they want to - sometimes with a bit of financial help from us.

I%26#39;d leave the 16 year old behind as well - cant imagine there%26#39;ll be too many teenagers holidaying in the Maldives. Hope he likes snorkelling !!!

  • external hard disk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment