Tuesday, April 24, 2012

weather in maldives

Hi,



Im sorry that Im asking the same questions as already posted but we are trying to arrange our honeymoon for September 2009 and desperately want to go to the Maldives (Coco Palm resort) but are so anxiuos about the weather.



I accept it will rain at times but is this short sharp showers and then clears away to reveal long periods of blue skies or could it be possible that it rains constantly for days on end without sunshine/blue skies?



AND, (sorry two bites of the same cherry!) but, when it rains in September does this mean that the seas are stormy too or are they always calm and still?



Any advice/help would me more than appreciated





Jamie



weather in maldives


Hi Jamie,





Welcome to the forum!





It is very possible that it can rain for days on end, this does not usually happen as most posters on here will tell you, but I had 7 days of torrential rain %26amp; wind on a visit to Biyadhoo a few years back, this was last week september/first october.





I have also had unbroken sun for two weeks in August.





Have a read of this:-





tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293953-s208/Maldives鈥?/a>





Regards



Emu



weather in maldives


Hi Jamie





We have been 3 times in September as my birthday is in September so go middle two weeks. Last September 2008 we did not have one day of rain, only one late afternoon and then sometimes during the night. The other two times we had one day of rain each time.



last year my friend went after us in October 08 and had very rainy weather so you can never tell.



I have never been anytime of year were it has just rained for days. If it does rain heavily it takes a while for the sea to settle.



We took a chance and went on honeymoon in July and had lovely weather. We have been 8 times and I think the best weather is around Feb so that is why we leave on Sunday! I hope I haven%26#39;t jinxed myself now!





Good luck with your plans. I would just go for it as even when it rains it is still warm.





Regards



Turquiose

No comments:

Post a Comment