Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just got back from Island-Hideaway.

Hello all, We got back a week ago and as I walked out of the tube on Tuesday, I got soaked in the rain. I turned the corner of my work building and nearly trod in a pile of puke. Needless to say I%26#39;m feeling pretty low.

Myself, my wife and 2 boys (aged 6 %26amp; 4) stayed in a Jasmine Garden Villa on Island-Hideaway for two weeks and it was absolute bliss. Easily the best trip we%26#39;ve had. I%26#39;ll post a review at the weekend with some photos.

Anyway, I have a dilemma. For those that have been to Island Hideaway and have been anywhere better, where would you suggest I go next? I%26#39;m not just talking the Maldives, I mean anywhere.

Many thanks

Tuntun

Just got back from Island-Hideaway.

Hi Tun Tun

Try giving Thailand --Malaysia--Cambodia and Vietnam ago, there all fantastic, dont beat the Maldives for doing nowt though.

Rumps

Just got back from Island-Hideaway.

Hi!

We have been there, and I would really recommend Soneva Fushi. Fantastic Atmosphere, service and food.

(We stayed in the Hideaway Palace at IH).


Hi Tuntun130

Agree with previous poster Soneva Fushi is the only alternative but you%26#39;ll pay a hell of a lot more for comparative accomodation. Thailand, Malayasia and Emirates don%26#39;t come near although Barfoot in Havelock in the Anderman Islands comes close

Regards

Doug


Friends have mentioned Soneva Fushi. One of the things I liked about I-H was the privacy. I didn%26#39;t feel bad at any time having the boys there. It%26#39;s so laid back anyway but there%26#39;s so much space there, there was no chance my children were going to ruin the holiday of a couple on their honeymoon for example.

I%26#39;ve heard (and I think you wrote a while back Doug) that Soneva Fushi is a little stuffy and slightly more crowded. I%26#39;ll have a look.

As for Malaysia, I spent 2 months there back in 1982 when I was 10. I remember Pankor Island when it was just A-frame huts on our side of the island. I%26#39;ll have a look and see what%26#39;s on offer there now.

Thanks

Tuntun


Oh, I should mention, My wife likes the spa and sunbathing bit, I like the sporty stuff. There was no surf at I-H as you told me a while back Doug but I had a good couple of days kite surfing off the North corner of the island - launching from the Hideaway Palace%26#39;s beach (I felt like I was trespassing). Also waterskiing and wakeboarding for the first time. Sobey %26amp; Jobey in the watersports centre were excellent.


HiTuntun130

Soneva%26#39;s not stuffy it%26#39;s a big island but it%26#39;ll cost you a lot more to get the equivilent of a Jasmine Garden Villa. How was the food on IH I heard it had deteriorated a bit since we were there? Glad you enjoyed IH I think it%26#39;s a great place and way above any of the northern islands don%26#39;t get seduced into Beach House or Cinnamon up there

Regards

Doug


Hi Tuntun

I can recommend North Island in Seychelles. It%26#39;s expensive, but they have good rates for kids and once you%26#39;re there you don%26#39;t pay for anything!

It%26#39;s all inclusive, but at such a high level i.e top notch wines, amazing food, I would say worthy of michelin star.

They will book an entire beach for you if you want a picnic or bbq - you don%26#39;t pay anything extra.

They have great babysitters who organise activites such as treasure hunts and craft days.

Fishing trips, sunset cruises all free.

Villas are HUGE!

Want more reasons? Go to their website: http://www.north-island.com/

I think they are refurbishing this March and not sure when they%26#39;re opening again. But keep it in mind for when they do open.

Regards,

Tracy

  • eye pencil
  • best advice to give girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment