Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Quote from Hayes and Jarvis - Please advise -not gd flights!

I am going to Reethi in August for 12 nights and I am considering a quote given to me by H%26amp;J.





They have quoted me 拢4200 (2 people) for Water villa, All Inclusive, sea plane transfer.





So far so good. The quote is very good compared to Kuoni.





The only problem are the flights. We fly from Heathrow via doha (which Im not that bothered by) and arrive in Maldives next day.





The problem is the stop over in Doha is for eight hours! and on top of that we arrive their at midnight! Now theres only so much you can do in an Airport lounge. And we are on or Honeymoon after all.





Now as far as I know we cannot leave the airport, and their are no hotels in the airport. Now i am stuck!





Kuoni have offered me direct flights, but are asking for 拢5150. Which is too much..





Quote from Hayes and Jarvis - Please advise -not gd flights!


You should be able to select alternative flights with Hayes and Jarvis. They offer direct Sri Lankan flights and other airlines.



Quote from Hayes and Jarvis - Please advise -not gd flights!


I agree with the last post. When I was looking to book my holiday I could consider Qatar, Emirates amd Sri lankan flights. There is an option online when you press %26#39;continue%26#39; to look at other airlines.




Will I need to phone them up for that? Because it doesnt give me the option on the website.




Hi Snowlady, it only gives me one more alternative which is worse!




Hi





As others have said you should be able to switch flights with H%26amp;J. Normally if you book on line it comes up as an option. I%26#39;ve flown with Sri Lankan through Hayes %26amp; Jarvis and they fly direct. The other consideration is that H%26amp;J sometimes use first Choice airlines as they are part of the same group. FC are a charter but they do go direct.





I am surprised at the high cost of Kuoni%26#39;s offering. Normally there isn%26#39;t a great deal of difference.





OD




I would prob give them a call then. Or are your dates flexible a little? Changing by one day for example may give you better options?





Alternatively try and get Kuoni to price match or call another agent like Marks Travel. They offer Kuoni holidays but are cheaper than Kuoni%26#39;s web prices.




Thanks guys for the replies will call them and see if they can offer more suitable flights and also call kuoni to see if they can price match.




Hi





We were given Emirates flights with a long wait when we booked through H%26amp;J last year. I knew there was an alternative flight which didn%26#39;t come up in the options section.. so I just phoned them and they changed it for no extra charge and they still gave the online discount.





If you can find a more suitable flight it%26#39;s worth getting the flight details and phoning them up.





We also found a huge difference in price between H%26amp;J and Kuoni (Kuoni being way more expensive) - for exactly the same holiday, flights etc.





Hope this helps,





regards



Ian




Hi Jack,





Qatar and H%26amp;J will probably be the cheapest option, have you tried changing the dates slightly as this will usually throw up other flights that connect within 1.5hrs. Qatar usually have two flight per day 3 times a week to the Maldives, the other 4 days are 1 flight per day with poor connection times, this is the one you are booked on!





I have done a 8hr stint at Doha on the return leg of a Thailand holiday last year, it ain%26#39;t fun I can tell you!!





The ONYX lounge costs about $25 pp which gives comfy seating, massage chairs, blankets and free drinks and snacks - but even with this, I would never do it again for that cheap flight!!





Doha is hit or miss with seating, when we did the Thai trip there was not one spare seat in the main lounge areas (upstairs) and our flight was a night one too.




Hi Jack,





I have just checked the Qatar schedule, you are booked on the QR012 flight 15.05 from LHR to Doha, you need to change this flight to the QR002 flight 21.30 it means you get the same connecting flight at Doha without the 8hr wait.





The price should be the same, but even if it goes up will still be cheaper than SriLankan or Emirates.





鈥atarairways.com/qribe-web/public/showIBE.do





Regards



Emu

No comments:

Post a Comment