Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reethi apple crunble

Have to let everyone who helped me chose Reethi that I made it, survived the seaplane and ate apple crumble foor everyone (Especially Woodybark)and agree it is fantastic!!! Have to say i thought the baileys bread and butter pudding jut stole the gold though! Will write a review when depression about being back starts but wanted to thank everyone who helped/advised on resorts when I chose reethi.It was a totally fabulous holiday exceeding all expectations.I am prepared to remortgage my house to go again as I am totally smitten.Already wondering should I try other resorts or will anywhere else not be as good as reethi. Thanks to everyone on this sit I had the most wonderful Maldives experience with just what I wanted great snorkelling,great food, great cocktails, great weather and totally relaxation in just the laid back atmosphere I wanted.Don%26#39;t want chrome,glam and glitz just sea and sand and great laid back atmosphere! It suited me down to the ground so thanks everyone. sadly back to work now for first time!

Reethi apple crunble

We told you so,

Glad it worked.

Rumps

Reethi apple crunble

mrs-baggie

Told ya! Welcome to the %26#39;totally smitten%26#39; club. Glad it all worked out ... but then how the %26#39;eck could it not?!

Wid


Morning Wid,

Just to let you know, long story but have moved Fiha for Elliadhoo.

Rumps


Rumps

... er ...why? C%26#39;mon you can%26#39;t just say %26#39;long story%26#39; and leave it at that! Warts an%26#39; all please.

Wid


Mrs Baggie - I saw that you had the apple crumble but did you have the pina coladas for me as well? lol

Really glad you loved it and the mortgage rrate is low anyway now so get the second trip booked!!!

Softail


Softail I drank so many pina coladas for you that you should be totally awash with pineapple! Did try the virgin colada for day time but found without the rum it was a bit too pineapply so had to have the ';full fat'; version all the time - shame! Was hoffified to see that AI drinks bill for the 2 weeks was nearly £1100!!! and we are not (really) heavy drinkers just cocktails and then addicted to baileys with ice with coffee!!! And of course lots of water! The maldivian ice tea went down a treat as well. Also chuffed to get a photo of a turtle swimming.Now totally a Maldives addict and wondereing should I try another island or will it not be as good as RBR!

Thanks again everyone it was so fab (OH might not thank you al tho as i am now so addicted just busy planning next trip even if i have to remortgage the house!)


Welcome to the dark world of financial ruin, thanks to a Maldives addiction! Always a difficult one, whether you should venture to another Island. We have been a good number of times now, and only yet experienced two Islands, our favourite being Reethi Beach. I often feel we should maybe try elsewhere, but what if you don%26#39;t like it as much as your favourite? You%26#39;d spend 2 weeks wishing you%26#39;d gone to the original one I think? That%26#39;s my logic anyway, but of course it%26#39;s not entirely %26#39;adventurous%26#39;. However, Maldives holidays are getting more and more expensive these days, so I think I%26#39;m gonna be playing it safe. If I%26#39;m spending that kind of money, I%26#39;ll go somewhere I know I like.

Well, I KNOW I%26#39;m gonna be playing it safe next time anyway - Reethi in April/May 2010!


mrs Baggie, don%26#39;t worry our bill for the bar alone was nearly £1000 and that was 10 days. that%26#39;s my argument for going AI. We only paid £600 to go AI for 10 days and of course got all the food. That%26#39;s why we ate of the other restaurants as well as we felt we were still under what we would have had to pay.

Sometimes I think I%26#39;m not going to look on here anymore and we aren%26#39;t going this year, but I%26#39;m draawn back to it every day!!! Go on the sharm site as well, but it jsut doesn%26#39;t feel the same.

Softail

PS Thanks for putting yourself out by drinking all those cocktails for me!!


I am confused. We are going AI in a few days I am aware of the 10% service charge but does it apply to the %26#39;all inclusive%26#39; drinks?

For that matter does the 10% service charge apply to everything? leaving me a big bill at the end of the holiday? We chose all inclusive to avoid the big bill at the end of the holiday.

@ Mrs Baggie, £1100 drinks bill? were you drinking lots of the drinks that were not part of the all inclusive package? I presume from your post that you were on the AI package?

I am now getting very anxious about the cost implication of the 10% charge....


10% service charge is added to everything + there is a 3% government tax also added. This I believe is added to your bill regardless of being AI or not.

This applies to any island in the Maldives not just Reethi.

I may be wrong about the AI facts as I never go AI on holiday.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Emu

  • howtofalloutoflovewithsomeone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment